Monday, February 24, 2014

Getting Ready

The newly cleaned out canning area. (This is where
I store my supplies when they are not in use.)

Top to bottom, left to right: The canning pot, canning lids and bands,
half pints with pints underneath, pints. Bottom shelf: hummingbird
feeders, and quart jars. 



On Saturday, I woke up with the desire to clean. This is not a common feeling for me, so I went with it. (I would much rather be in the garden.)

I organized my canning jar area, cleaned out the oven, microwave, and fridge. I topped off my staples (in my grab-and-go containers).

Now I am ready for canning season. My goal is to be able to use all the canning jars I received to can things this year. That's a big goal. I received 126 jars. And I have about 48 pint jars. I only have one 12 pack of half pints, and might need to buy more to make my goal work.

I am going to expand the garden. I plan to make use of my local farmer's market, and you pick places to try to make this goal a reality. And now I won't have to scrounge around in a mess to try to find what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment